Sample Waiter Cover Letter
Use this sample waiter cover letter to convince the employer that you are the best person for the job.
This is an opportunity to highlight any relevant experience and the skills and strengths you bring to the waiter position in a concise format.
Your cover letter is designed to encourage the employer to give your job application serious consideration. Stand out from the crowd with a winning resume cover letter.
WAITER COVER LETTER
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Christine Gallo
20 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Gallo
I enthusiastically submit my application for the waiter position you recently advertised on XYZ.com. I am confident that my experience as an energetic and hard working customer-service professional will provide the skills you are looking for. I am forwarding my resume for your review and consideration.
Some key points that you will find relevant to your job opportunity include:
- Track record of meeting and exceeding the needs of each customer in a warm and sincere fashion.
- A passion for food and a good knowledge of beverages.
- Knowledgeable about appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Excellent memory and capable of reciting, explaining and promoting a wide range of menu items.
- Skilled in keeping record of multiple orders and accurately processing payments.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment.
- Verifiable record of reliably completing shift requirements.
I pride myself on welcoming and engaging each customer in a friendly manner, responding quickly to their needs and efficiently resolving any concerns they may have. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to further discuss the waiter job opportunity.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Useful Waiter Cover Letter Phrases
These are the skills and competencies employers generally look for in a waiter, waitress or server.
Use these phrases to build your own relevant cover letter.
- Proven ability to efficiently multitask to meet demands from customers.
- Solid working knowledge of hygiene and safety standards and regulations.
- Familiar with a wide range of food preparation methods.
- Excellent track record of up-selling menu items.
- Proficient in handling a range of financial transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to deliver food promptly and professionally and provide excellent follow up service.
- Quick to develop a complete understanding of all menu items and ingredients.
- Skilled at communicating responsively with customers and clearly with other staff.
- Record of promptly and effectively addressing complaints and issues and providing the right information.
- Able to remain professional and calm in a high stress environment.
This waiter job description will help you to make your waiter cover letter relevant to the job opportunity.
Sample Waiter ResumeRestaurant Job Descriptions
Cover Letters and Resumes
Waiter Cover Letter Tips
Resume Building Tips
Resume Reference Page
Waiter Sample Resume
Restaurant Manager Resume
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Bartender Resume Template
Bartender Cover Letter
Top 10 Interview Questions
Standard Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Waiter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Waitress Cover Letter
Waitresses work in the food service industry, and their primary responsibility is to take care of the patrons of a restaurant. This involves everything from seating the patrons to handling their complaints and concerns, as well as placing their food orders and bringing them their meals. Waitresses also process the patrons’ payments at the end of the meal.
When applying for a Waitress position, the candidate should include a cover letter that lists the qualifications that she believes make her a good fit for the position. Prior food service or customer service experience is a plus, and because the job is people-oriented, listing personality traits that make a candidate appear more personable is an effective way of securing that job interview.
The job description for a Waitress position would highlight the ability to handle the following duties:
- Take food and drink orders for customers
- Clean tables and restock supplies as needed
- Make recommendations to patrons based on their dietary needs and/or restrictions
Below is a sample cover letter that details some of the responsibilities that a good candidate for a Waitress position would highlight. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Waitress resume samples.
Dear Mr. Paul Anderson:
I am writing to apply for the position of Head Server advertised in the New York Post for your restaurant Les Hailles. I offer your team over 5 years of experience serving customers in top NYC restaurants with excellent commendations. I am a college graduate with aspirations of attending culinary school in the future.
My reputation for delivering superior, customer focused service is unsurpassed. I believe my passion for food and knowledge of your restaurant’s brand and menu make me a unique and perfect fit for this position. I offer excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic. I have strong knowledge of food & wine pairings and the ability to offer your patrons more than just a wonderful meal, I can offer them a wonderful experience as well.
I have experience working in high pressure environments, including nights and weekends. I’m reliable, focused, and work well with teams of all sizes. For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed CV and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration. I look forward to our conversation.