Good manners are very necessary to have for a person in order to live a happy, disciplined and peaceful life as well as get success in any field. Teachers generally assign their students to write something (paragraph, short essay or long essay) on good manners in the classroom during class tests or exam. It is a nice topic which can help students to be aware of all the good manners as well as encourage them to inculcate such manners. So, we have provided here various paragraphs, short essays and long essays on good manners under different word limits. You can select any of the good manners paragraph or good manners essay according to your need and requirement.
Essay on Good Manners
Good Manners Essay 1 (100 words)
Good manner means having polite or well-bred social behavior by the people. Having good manners in life matters a lot for living a social life. It should be inculcated especially in children from childhood. Behaving in well or bad manner is the most important part of the human nature and life. Good manners help us in getting respect and dignity in the society whereas bad manners defame us. Good manners help us to develop good habits which improve the physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being (thus overall development of the society) of person. A well behaving man, having all the good manners, is becomes the important citizen in the society as he never hurts the feelings of others.
Good Manners Essay 2 (150 words)
Good manner is the well behaving manner of the person which adds good impression on others as well as gives good feeling and confidence about oneself. Practicing good manners is very important for all of us and it is good if we do it from childhood with the help of parents and guardians. We must follow all the good manners whether we are at home, school, college, office, tourist places, or with friends.
Good manners are more than opening doors and writing thank you notes. Being polite and courteous to others shows our real behavior, thinking and mind level. It attracts people’s mind and attention if they get respect from us. Being a well behaved person, we set a standard for others too which encourage them to practice good manner and behave well. It is not easy to follow all the good manners for everyone however can be easily followed after practicing well.
Good Manners Essay 3 (200 words)
Man is considered as the most intelligent creation of God on the earth as he lives in the society as well as he has capacity to think, talk and act accordingly. So, he must know how to behave well and practice good manners to behave well with others in the society. Parents must teach their kids how should they behave with family members, neighbors, teachers, etc and respect the views of others. Being a well behaved person, one must be polite, gentle, disciplined, and sweet. Some people behave well with sweet words only in front but behind they talk bad, that is not the good manner.
Good manners help a person to show the same character; both, in front and behind of people. The words and behavior of a good mannered person never changes and remain same in all conditions. Well mannered people know well that how to show or explain the bitter truth with sweet words. People, who lack good manners generally, have sharp and clever tongue. Bad people always behave roughly and abuse others without any reason. They never hesitate to behave badly in the society. They show that they lack a good culture, society and discipline, thus they hated everywhere. And good mannered people are honored everywhere.
Good Manners Essay 4 (250 words)
Good manner can be defined as behaving well with courtesy and politeness to show correct public behaviour to the people living in society. Some of the good manners are like polite, courteous, humble, respectful and well-cultured social behavior found in some people. Any of the men or women is distinguished and recognized in the society by his/her good manners. A person is known in the society not only for his intelligence but also for his behavior and manners.
Importance of Good Manners in our Life
Good manners are very important in our daily and every parent must teach their children the good manners and importance of them in life. Good manners are required to create an effective interaction with friends as well as make a good impression on them. It helps us to remain positive throughout the day. We must use the magic words like “sorry”, “please”, “thank you”, “excuse me”, etc whenever required without getting late in order to maintain a happy relationship. Parents must help their kids to essentially practice such words to behave well in everyday life. These words show the feeling of sorry, happy, appreciation and respect to the people.
Good manner open the door to new conversation with people and opportunities in life. If someone talks to you with rudeness, don’t talk him in his way, just talk him in your way of behaving well as rudeness creates rudeness.
Practicing good manners is necessary to be a great and noble personality in the society. It maintains the positivity in our soul and mind. Our good behavior shows our ideal force of character. We should show respect and reverence to people to create positive interaction.
Good Manners Essay 5 (300 words)
Good manners are very necessary in life as they help us to behave well in the society with people as well as help us to maintain smooth, easy and positive relationship. Good manners help us to win the heart of people in the crowd and give us a unique personality. Good manner makes us person of pleasing and obeying nature which is genuinely loved and appreciated by all in the society.
What are Good Manners
A person with good manners shows respects towards feelings and sentiments of people living around. He/she never differentiates people and shows equal regard and kindness to everyone whether elder or younger than him. Modesty and courtesy are the essential traits of a well behaving person. He/she never feel proud or arrogant and always take care of the feelings of other people. Practicing good manners and following them all through the day bring sunshine and add qualities to the life. He/she always becomes mentally happy as good manners enrich his/her personality.
Teaching good manners to all the students is a boon to them and country from parents and teachers as they are the bright future. Lack of good manners among youths of the country lead them at the wrong path. Practicing good manners cost nothing but pay us a lot all through the life. Some of the good manners are like:
- Thank you: we must say thank you whenever we receive anything from someone.
- Please: we must say please while requesting for something to others.
- We should always support people who are in pain.
- We should always accept the mistakes and say sorry without hesitation.
- We should be disciplined and punctual in daily life.
- We should always compliment others for their good behaviour and qualities.
- We must listen to people very attentively who are talking to us.
- We should take permission before touching or using the things of someone else.
- We should always respond with a smile to other’s questions.
- We should never interrupt between the meetings of elders and must wait for our turn.
- We must be respectful to the elders (whether in family, relationship or neighbors), parents and teachers.
- Excuse me: we must say excuse me while getting attention for something.
- We must knock the door before entering to other’s home or bedroom.
Good manners are vital to us for getting popularity and success in life as nobody likes a mischief person. Good manners are like tonic to the people living in society as practicing them take nothing but benefits a lot whole life. People with polite and pleasant nature are always asked by the large number of people as they put magnetic influence over them. Thus, we must practice and follow good manners.
Good Manners Essay 6 (400 words)
Good manner is very significant to the people living in society. People can be benefited from the good manners in many ways at home, school, office or other places. People with good manners must have courtesy, politeness and respect to others and themselves too. Good manner is all which we behave well with others with humble respect. Bad behaviour never gives happy feelings to self and others. Just think that how sad and disrespected we will feel when someone is talking to our friend and turning his back to us.
Good mannered people are always liked and get respect and fame in the society as they behave well in same manner with all (good or bad). They consider the feelings of other people and always become kind. Teachers teach the lesson of good manners to their students in the classroom and instruct them to follow all that at all places forever. Parents also should help their kids at home to learn good manners properly as what kids learn in their childhood carry all through the life. We must first behave to others like what we wish in return from others. According to the Golden Rule “We should treat people the way we would like other people to treat us”. If we treat people with respect, we too will be treated in the same way by them.
Following good manners everywhere we go, we can better encourage people to behave well in the same manner to everyone. Some of the important good manners we can practice in our daily life are like:
- We must learn the habit of sharing (but not grabbing) things to others.
- We should be helpful, polite and humble to others at all places.
- We must use ‘sorry’, ‘please’, ‘thank you’, ‘excuse me’ and ‘time wish’ whenever required.
- We must respect the property of others and always take permission before using.
- We must help our family members in completing their chores.
- We must be responsible and self dependent for everything whether at home or outside the home.
- We must behave well with humble respect to our teachers, parents, other elders and senior citizens.
- We should not interfere between elder’s talk and must wait for our turn.
- We should hold the door open when someone is coming in and must hold his/her load if he/she is carrying something.
- We should maintain cleanliness at home, school, and all other public places.
- We should not use offensive language to others at home or public place.
- We must leave the seat for senior citizens while using public transport.
- We should never make fun of anyone as everyone has feelings and respect.
- We should not use mobile phone unnecessarily while being in group or public place.
- We should chew food properly and don’t talk to anyone while eating.
Following good manners not only increase the respect in people’s mind but also make us pleasant from inside. It creates the good impression in society, school, sports team, friends group and family. Life becomes much more pleasant day by day. Practicing good manners take nothing but give much more all through the life. We must practice good manners as well as encourage others to practice for the welfare of oneself, family, society and nation.
Paragraph on Good Manners
Good Manners are the thing which is not limited for learning from any particular place but can be learnt from everywhere by everyone. Having “Good Manners” in daily routine life is as much important as any other thing in your life. Here we are providing some brief and detailed information in form of “Essay on Good Manners”, that is in simple and easy English language, and can be beneficial for all age students. Students can learn the definition of Good Manners from here and can apply in their own life. Here are two categories given i.e. “Short Essay on Good Manners” and “Long Essay on Good Manners” with different word counts of 100, 200, 300, 400 and 600 words.
Short Essay on Good Manners
Three types of essays are given in this category with word counts of 100, 200 and 300 words that can be useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Students can use it for their own or for essay writing competition in class.
Good Manners Essay 1 (100 Words)
Having curtsey, being polite or humble, respects for elders and love for children are the simple types of Good Manners. These general activities or social behaviour magnificence a person’s personality entirely and makes him or her completely distinguished from others for their good behaviour. Person with all these qualities and etiquettes are always admirable and accepted by the others. We all expect good behaviour from others but we don’t want to follow it own. Very few people are having their whole routine life with good manners. There is no age limit of learning good habits or manners, whatever the age we have, learning should not be stopped.
Good Manners Essay 2 (200 Words)
Good Manner is like the precious ornaments for a person that improves his or her personality in great excess. A man or woman whether they are from any background or any financial condition if they are behaving with good manners in front of anyone, they are always accepted and appreciated by everyone. In our society, good manners are defined in some few words like if you hurt someone then you should say “sorry”, if You are offered some gifts or other things from anyone you should say “thank you” and when you ask or want something from anyone you should add “please” before you start your sentence. These three words are also referred as “Three magical words” in dictionary.
Good manners are same for children and elders in some matters like in daily routine activities children learn from their parents how to speak, how to eat, how to behave, etc. For elders, definition of good manners change by a little bit like in outside world, they are the responsible civilized person thus require to have politeness, curtsey, humbleness, kindness and etiquettes in them while behaving with others. Person with good manner always respects his or her values with dignity and reverence.
Good Manners Essay 3 (300 words)
Having or practicing good manners in life, a person not only admirable at home by his/her family members but also in social life, they are acceptable by all due to their humble and good behaviour for others. If a person does not act with manners in front of someone, then he or she can never be admirable by anyone whether he or she is full of outside beauty and highly educated. Good manners can also be the reason for success in academic or professional career as introducing manners in daily routine life a person becomes much aware of importance of time and punctuality which makes a man perfect. Sincerity, responsibility and honesty are the qualities of good manners. A person with good heart and good manners always attracts people towards him.
Three magical words are the basic education of good manners these are “Thank you”, “Sorry” and “Please”. By using these three words we automatically learn half of the lesson of good manners.
- If someone offered you something like gifts or some kind of favour or praise you, then you should say “Thank You”.
- If you ask or want something or any kind of favour from others then before starting your sentence you should say “Please”.
- If you hurt someone whether intentionally or by mistake, you should say “Sorry”.
Above is the fundamental education of good manners that should be followed by each and every person including children, elders or senior citizen. Apart from these, various moments comes when you are required to show good manners or etiquettes like always cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, follow “table manners” when you take food with others, allow others to talk without interfering them and wait for your turn, use of bad language should be avoided in front of others, be always ready for help of others specially for older and children.
There is no limit of learning any kind of good manners which are the essential part of our life. By behaving polite, humble and kind you will always make a place in everyone’s heart.
Long Essay on Good Manners
Two types of essays are given in this category with word counts of 400 and 600. Essays are given in simple and easy to understand language that can be useful for all age group students having different purpose.
Good Manners Essay 4 (400 words)
Since our childhood, we are taught good manners initially by our parents after that by our teachers and later on by the society. Being humble, polite and respectful to others are called good manners for elders that reflect your image and inner beauty in front of others. A person with good manners is appreciated by all whether he is rich or poor, beautiful or ugly, literate or illiterate. A man or woman whether they are too much highly educated and having good looks but if they are not polite and humble to others they will not be appreciated by anyone.
Various terms and conditions are defined in category of Good Manners:
For Children at Home:
- To clean up their full body by brushing teeth, taking bath and cleaning of nails.
- Wash hands before eating, take meals at proper time, no talk during eating and chew well with closed mouth.
- Take permission from parents before going out the house.
- Say “Thank you” when you get something from others, say “Sorry” when you do some mistakes and add “Please” before asking any favour or want thing from others.
- Say “Good morning” after wakeup in the morning and “Good night” before sleeping in the night to family members.
- Brush your teeth before going to bed in night.
For Children at School:
- Take permission before entering the class.
- Do not take other’s thing without their permission.
- Always obey your teachers and elders.
- Do not push anyone in the queue and wait for your turn.
- Always say “Good Morning” and “Good Afternoon” to elder or teacher when you pass them while walking.
Manners for Elders
Though Good Manners does not change for elders but some good habits or manners are additional for them like:
- Always have curtsey and be polite or humble during talking to someone whether elder or younger from you.
- Say Sorry and take responsibility if you have made a mistake.
- Allow older, children or women in public places to go first and in bus or train offer your seat to them.
- Never use bad words or abuse in front of others.
- Never interfere between other’s talk and wait for your turn.
- Use of three magical words of Sorry, Thank you and Please makes you perfect.
- Gossip and talking bad about others is not the definition of good manners.
Good Manners also plays the key role in the success of a person and building the good human relationship. Having good manners a person automatically inherits determination, allegiance, punctuality, understands the importance of time and respects elder which makes him respectful by others and by their children.
Good Manners Essay 5 (600 Words)
Good Manners are those habits or activities which not only prove a person as sensible, civilized, gentle and mature but also enhance the inner quality of a person and make him or her good human being. In our daily routine life, various moments comes when we have to show and behave with manners. We all want our child to be a manner full child so we always teach them how to behave properly and manner well; if we own don’t follow it then we will not be able to teach our child importance and advantages of good manners.
What are the Good Manners?
Some Good Manners are common for all age group people like:
- Early wakeup in the morning, do some exercises.
- Brush your teeth, take a fresh bath.
- Have healthy and proper breakfast.
- Say good bye to all while going outside the house.
- In school or office say “Good morning” to all who passes you while walking.
- Listen to someone with all focus and advice him efficiently.
- Always be ready for the help of needy people.
- A soft spoken language always attracts people towards you.
- Respect your teachers, parents and elders always.
- Time punctuality is always helpful in getting success.
- You should not take other’s thing without his or her permission.
- Say “Sorry”, when you do some faults or someone got hurt by you.
- Say “Thank you”, when you are appreciated or offered something by someone.
- Say “Please”, when you request or ask something from anyone.
Various moments are also counted in list of “Good Manners” for elders:
- Always be polite and humble in front of others.
- Behave proper when you speak to someone especially with or in front of children.
- Always appreciate other’s efforts.
- Proper dress up which doesn’t spoil your image.
- Do not ask personal question.
- Allow old people, children, women or physically handicapped people to go or sit first in public place like bus, train or any kind of queue at billing counter.
- Avoid smoking and drinking in public places.
- Neat and clean outfit always presents the personality of a person.
- Gossiping, embarrassing or making fun of others always down and destroy your image completely.
From where you can teach manners:
There is no any particular place designated as institutes of learning good manners and we can say that from everywhere we can learn good manners. First, we start learning manners at our home, since our childhood our parents teach us to have manners in front of others. From the cleaning of our body to the speaking behaviour in front of others comes under the good manners. In School, teachers teach us to behave with good manners and so many things about good manners we learn when we grow up.
Though a word of “Good Manner” seems a little word but it matters most. Now having good manners has become the necessity of a person in this changing world and also following by most of the person as its positive results force you to follow it.
- At home, family members with good manners make the environment of house pleasant and healthy.
- In school, a student with good manners becomes favourite of other classmates and his or her teachers too.
- At workplace, an employee with good manners becomes trustworthy and faithful for his or her boss and a boss with humble and polite nature is also become the reason of success of the company as he/she brings the positive energy and encourages or motivates employees with his good behaviour.
- In Society, a person with good manners is always admirable and accepted by all.
Etiquettes and good manners are the inner quality of a person which even hides the physical disabilities of that person. A person, whether he/she is not having good looks and outer beauty but is humble and kind to others, reserves a special place in other’s heart and mind. Learning good manners should not be ended in life as they are the general requirement for people in this changing and growing world.
Essay on Books